For the first time in The Hague! A one-of-a-kind evening with a special program compiled by Slagwerk Den Haag full of music, sound art and performances. You will be treated to an exciting festival evening in a plush-free setting in the halls and foyer of Theater aan het Spui.
Mixtape.Night.Live from Slagwerk The Hague is the live version of the good-old mixtape. The festival evening is a candy store of highlights from SDH’s percussion repertoire – given a brand new audiovisual look for this occasion – and you can also look forward to a program full of unpretentious, interdisciplinary experimentation (hint: also interesting for foodies). There are showcases of new SDH projects such as Inviting the Producer with Jameszoo and members of the Residentie Orkest and you can meet a number of hand-picked, inspiring new makers from The Hague and abroad.
Everyone is welcome, but be quick to get your tickets. Due to the special setting of the evening, the capacity is limited!
The evening in a nutshell:
- SDH plays highlights from timeless classics; percussion hits from Steve Reich (Drumming) and Michael Gordon (Timber)
- Inviting the producer: live version of the KRYSALIS album by SDH x Talismann / Guy Blanken. Showcase of the new production with Jameszoo x Resident Orchestra x SDH
- LOVE ❤️ revisited: music from the most recent hit performance that SDH made with dance companies Club Guy & Roni and Göteborg Ballet and ASKO | Schönberg
- Poetic Disasters Club: the young guns of the talent development program Club Guy & Roni
- 'NITE-esque' interdisciplinary makers such as Darien Brito, Zeno van den Broek and others
- Installations in the foyer: to view, listen, try yourself ánd eat!
- New program additions will be listed here in the coming period
Presale via HNT website:
Early bird €12.50 (available until 6 April)
Door price €17.50